- 5 Apples, cut in half and core taken out
- 2 wood planks
- 1 cup of oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 bottle of beer
- 1 package of pie dough (Pillsbury in can)
- Soak cedar grilling plank in water for at least one hour, making sure it’s completely submerged.
- Make pie filling by mixing together oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar and beer. Make top crust by cutting pie dough into strips and weaving it into a lattice pattern (see photo.) Set the “crust” aside.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat (400ºF). Stuff apples with filling, add to plank, then put on the grill. Close the lid and let “bake” for around 20 minutes, or until they have softened.
- Once the filled apples are almost done, add the top crust to the apples and let “bake” for 5 more minutes, or until the Filo is cooked and golden brown. Remove from the grill and enjoy!