Latest "Turkey" Posts
Just Grillin carries bold ingredients for Turkey Burgers:
1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
1 large egg
1/3 bread crumbs
1/4 cup finely minced sweet onion
1/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Old Farmhouse Chutney
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. Form mixture into 1/2 inch patties (makes approximately 7 depending on size).
3. Cook on a medium-high grill for approximately 5 minutes per side, or until thoroughly cooked.
4. Serve on a toasted bun with your favorite Stonewall Kitchen condiments.
Note: Blend well, but try not to work the mixture too long. This makes for more juicy and tender turkey burgers.
Just Grillin carries bold ingredients for Spicy Shepherds Pie:
4 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
1 1/2 cups light cream
1/2 stick butter
1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Spicy Corn Relish
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 Tbsp. whole cumin seed
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped finely (1 tablespoon reserved)
3 pounds ground turkey
2 Tablespoons flour
1 – 1 ½ cups chicken or vegetable stock
salt and pepper to taste.
1. Preheat grill or oven to 350 F.
2. Cut potatoes into 1 inch chunks. Place in a large pot filled with salted water and boil until tender, (approximately 15 minutes). Turn heat to low.
3. Drain off water and add 1/2 stick of butter and 1 1/2 cups of light cream.
4. Let simmer for about 10-15 minutes. Mash with a potato masher until thick and smooth. Set aside.
5. In a large frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. 6. Saute chopped onion, whole cumin seed and all but 1 tablespoon of the chopped cilantro for about 2-3 minutes until onion starts to turn translucent.
7. Add ground turkey and continue to cook until turkey has browned. Drain off liquid. Add flour and sauté 2-3 min. Add 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock and simmer until sauce thickens. (Add more stock if needed) Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Start to layer ingredients in a large rectangle glass or ceramic ovenproof casserole dish.
9. Add the ground turkey, spreading evenly to cover bottom of pan. Add the Stonewall Kitchen Spicy Corn Relish and cover the ground turkey with an even layer. Press down to pack tightly.
10. Finally top it off with the mashed potatoes.
11. Sprinkle the top with salt, pepper and the reserved 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro.
12. Bake in a preheated 350 F grill or oven for 35-40 minutes.
Just Grillin Proudly Offers These Great Brands and Many More...